Whether a Director of Security for a global brand, managing the security and safety of a prominent person or protecting an event you will want to know what the latest threats are and how to tackle them, resolving disputes and avoiding conflict. Defuse® provides this expertise.
It is increasingly recognised that the current terror threat has shifted from groups to lone attackers. Understanding their behaviour, being able to identify potential threats and where along the 'Pathway to Violence' they are is crucial to the prevention of a successful attack.
- Identify the type of perpetrator involved.
- Understand the specific risks they pose to our client.
- Deliver tailor-made solutions to mitigate the risks, even when the identity of the stalker is unknown.
Our behavioural analysis and profiling enables use to provide our clients with a very bespoke response to any behaviour or communications of concern.
Behavioural Analysis & Profiling
Dr Lorraine Sheridan Phd is our resident Chartered Forensic Psychologist. Lorraine is a police accredited offender profiler and compiles psychological reports related to offenders, highlighting the risks posed by known or unknown suspects.
While even the least viable threats can instil a sense of fear in the target - the effects of which should never be underestimated - it’s crucial to distinguish these from threats that could result in harm being inflicted on the target.
Our profiling enables us to assess:
- The risks an individual poses.
- Why a person behaves in a certain way.
- Identify the behavioural and linguistic Red Flags indicating a threat is escalating.
- How best to engage and manage any interaction with that individual.
- The typology of their stalking behaviour.
- How to reduce any harm posed by or to the individual.
We Can Also Provide Professional Behavioural Analysis And Profiling In These Areas:
- Recruitment: learning more about the personalities who apply to work in your organisation helps you to create collaborative teams of compatible recruits, to eliminate conflict and engineer a more progressive, productive working environment.
- Commerce: in the challenging global marketplace, behavioural analysis and profiling delivers vital client insights to help your negotiators understand who they are working with and the motivations and intentions that drive their behaviour.
stalking, harassment and Behaviours or communication of concern.
Stalkers often use the internet to carry out their campaigns of harassment. They can pursue high status targets on social media, making unjustified accusations and threats to inflict maximum reputational harm.
Harassment includes repeated attempts to impose ‘unwanted communications and contact’ upon someone and which is likely to cause distress or fear in them. It has to be targeted at a person (or a group) and the person harassing is likely to know that they are harassing the other person. (or group). Naturally, they are likely to deny they knew that, so this excuse is removed by the term ‘ought to know’ within the legislation.
Combating cyberstalking and social media defamation
With a measured response that harnesses expert critical thinking from globally recognised specialists, we can neutralise the stalking behaviour to provide you and your family with the reassurance that you’re never alone when an obsessive stalker is determined to target you.