CPD Accredited Programmes
Behavioural Threat Assessment Programme.
We have developed a full day CPD accredited workshop and two half days workshops to share our methodology which we have run as internal training with exceptional feedback.
It was this methodology that enabled Philip to identify and assess the threat to Rosie Cooper MP from National Action as credible, and articulate why to the head of the National Domestic Counter Terrorism Unit.
Our workshops will share:
- Identify the different violence risk and threat assessment approaches
- Understand the Pathway to Predicted or Targeted Violence
- Describe the differences between affective and predatory violence
- Describe the dynamics and risk management implications concerning stalking
- Assess direct threats, leakage and warning behaviours
- Understand the difference between those who make a threat from those who actually pose one.
- Communicate risk findings to other professionals in a scientific, legal and ethical manner.
Coming Soon!! E-Learning Programmes
At Defuse®, we passionately believe that sharing our knowledge and expertise is key to achieving our mission to offer effective risk management for high-profile individuals and businesses. We draw exclusively on methods and philosophies that are researched and operationally proven.
We have extensive experience of delivering bespoke training in protective intelligence and cybersecurity to some of the world’s leading security providers and close protection operatives. Our training can be delivered formally in face-to-face settings or via high-quality webinar masterclasses "I have had the pleasure of meeting Phil & invited him to do a presentation on threat management to my fellow colleagues at Kroll in London. We had a huge turnout & the presentation was interesting, informative & lasted double the time we had initially allocated for it, due to the interest shown by my colleagues. Phil has a wealth of knowledge about threat management" Nick Doyle, MD & Head of Security Risk Management, Kroll
The Online Bodyguard® Podcast
This podcast discusses the issues facing prominent people and brands.
Each month we speak with globally recognised experts. It discusses stalking, protective security, intelligence, psychological profiling, crisis management, reputational management, cyber bullying and other key subjects.
We have featured the following experts:
- Dr Lorraine Sheridan - A partner in Defuse® and a Chartered Forensic Psychologist, completing Europe’s first PhD on stalking. She is a police accredited offender profiler and compiles psychological reports related to offenders, highlighting the risks posed by known or unknown suspects.
- Dr Reif Meloy - widely known as one the preeminent experts in the field of assessing threats of violence.
- Richard Levick Esq - Chairman & CEO of LEVICK, a crisis communications and public affairs firm, representing countries and companies in the highest-stakes global matters.
- Miles Manning - Director of FLS Global, who in the event of a death or serious injury abroad, support organisations to ensure harm is minimised and trauma is managed.
- Toti Karpela - Conflict Management subject matter expert since 1986, consulting and coaching government organizations and corporations on five continents in the prevention of violent crime, security issues, conflict resolution and risk mitigation.
- Bram B. van der Meer - An expert in interviewing , Bram holds academic degrees in Criminology from the University of Pretoria, South-Africa and received a MSc. in Clinical-Forensic Psychology from Leiden University, the Netherlands.
- Paul Blanchard - Media consigliere , PR, Crisis Communications and Strategic Advisory to the World's Elite, shares some of the secrets behind that success including why he never tenders or prepares proposals.
- Suky Bhaker - the CEO of the Suzy Lamplugh Trust - discusses the real issues about violence against women and girls (VAWG) in the 21st century. We discuss harassment, street harassment and stalking and follow the evidence of how this impacts all females, and some men.
With more to come each month!